People Engagement Manager
- Participates in the development and preparation of the hotel business plan.
- Manages the People Engagement department, recommending long-term goals and developing and implementing strategies to meet them.
- Coordinates and assists heads of department in the preparation of the hotel’s manning guide budget and ensures that staffing levels are in line with the annual manning guide budget.
- Along with the General Manager, develops and sets up a recruitment strategy within the hotel.
- Develops implements and continually reviews People Engagement policies & procedures, practices and personnel administration systems, updating and / or recommending improvements as appropriate to management.
- Ensures that clear lines of communication exist to disseminate information affecting employer-employee relations, employee activities and hotel policies and programs.
- Develops and maintains effective administration of personnel record-keeping, personnel files, personnel reports and statistics.
- Writes regular reports on human resources activities to the executive office and department heads.
- Keep abreast with the labour laws and make sure they are respected and adhered to by the People Engagement processes.
- Conducts Shaza Energizers for his/her team members.
- Manages the recruitment function and develops and implements recruiting systems and procedures in order to attract best-qualified candidates.
- Monitors effective employee relations, health & safety practices and social programs.
- Counsels staff at all levels as needed in area such as recruitment, training and development, career planning, employee relations, discipline, HR legal issues related.
Benefits & Compensation
- Surveys, implements, communicate and administer the compensation and benefits in compliance with labour laws and policies in order to attract and retain employees.
- Oversees the training and development function in the hotel in order to meet the strategic business objectives.
- Organize quarterly colleague meetings where talents are identified and kept on record.
- Support the Shaza Engagement Survey.
- Prepares the annual People Engagement budget and yearly manpower forecast.
Health & Safety
- Understands and strictly adheres to the Rules & Regulations established in regards to hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene and Health & Safety.
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported and reduced immediately.
- Adheres to the hotel’s fire, emergency and bomb threat procedures.
- Practices and enforces all emergency procedures to provide the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Ensures that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel’s Employee rules and regulations.
- Work within all pre-set budgetary limits.
- Comply with all Shaza company policies.
- Comply with all systems and procedures as laid down by the GM and Shaza.
The management reserves the right to change/extend this statement if necessary at any point of time during employment.
The holder of this statement can be asked to take on other tasks in addition of the ones stated, in a reasonable framework.
Working Time: Full Time
Degree or diploma from an accredited college or university with major courses in Human Resources Management, personnel administration, psychology or any other related field.
Technical competences required
Computer literacy adapted to the field of HR
HRM systems knowledge
Previous experiences required
In an international environment related to travel and tourism involving training, people development and working knowledge in service industry operations. Prior working experience in a hotel is preferred.
In the local market is a must whilst international experience is appreciated.
English (spoken and written), Arabic (spoken and written)
Righteous & trustworthy
Interpersonal and intercultural skills
Communication and listening skills
Influencing others throughout the organization
Microsoft Office Applications
Contact Person: Careers@Salalah
Please apply until 31/03/2018.